Greif Flexible Products & Services is one of the world’s leading integrated manufacturers of high-quality Geotextiles, Agricultural Textiles, and other Technical Textiles. With our state-of-the-art weaving technology, we can provide customized solutions to meet your and your customer's requirements.
To learn more about technical textile offerings, click on the tabs above.
Our Geotextiles provide reinforcement (stabilization), filtration (drainage), protection, and separation.
Geotextiles are used for the reinforcement of soft soil, walls/steep slopes, and various earth structures by increasing the bearing capacity and providing tensile strength in the soil mass.
The filtering property of the geotextiles allow water to pass through the pores of the fabric while retaining particles of the filtered soil. When fine particles get washed out of the soil, it can reduce the cohesion of the matrix, and thus, the strength of the soil. Geosynthetic fibers can improve the reliability and performance of traditional graded soil filters and require less work to construct. Geotextiles are well suited for this application.
Geotextiles protect one section of the works from another which includes the protection of a geotechnical structure from erosion.
Geotextiles separate layers of soil that consist of different size particle scatterings. One aspect of using geotextiles is to prevent road base materials from penetrating into soft underlying soils while maintaining requested tensile strength and roadway consistency.
- Paved and unpaved roadways
- Airport runways and taxiways
- Haul roads at waste containment facilities
- Dewatering tubes
Silage Protection Covers
Protect your silage from birds, small rodents, and bad weather conditions by preventing flatter and damage of the soil underneath. Loops help keep the cover and silobags in place.
Benefits of Silage Protection Covers include:
- Through the loops, it is possible to pass a cord to hang silobags
- Different types - from cost saving 180 gr/m2 to standard of more than 210 gr/ml2 and up to premium 260 gr/ml2
- Manufactured from high-quality raw materials
- Extreme long lifespan
- UV stability - up to 10 years
- Available in all typical standard dimensions and customized sizes based on the cIients' requirements
- High tear proof - woven with extreme strength (both in welt and warp directions)
- Specially marked in weft direction every one meter to facilitate usage
- In different colors
- Latest weaving technology
- First-class workmanship of the seam
By placing silobags over the silage protection covet extra weight is obtained and the silage protection cover is fixed. Tires, which were used in obsolete silage systems, do not provide an air tight positioning because of their circular shape. Silobags however; are flexible and can be positioned in straight lines. Environmental laws often ban the usage of tires in silage process.
In addition, tires may lure small rodents and vermin and might have metal pieces that could damage the plastic film.
Perfect for flood control and protection, reinforcing existing dike structures, erosion control, silobags also provide extra weight for portable basketball goals and traffic signs, paintball courses and many other uses.
Benefits of Silobags:
- Different types and sizes available
- Extreme long lifespan
- UV stability of up to 7 years and longer
- New type of closing: the Silobag with tie cord, fast and easy!
- The handhold at the bottom of the Silobag facilitates usage.
- High tear proof - woven with extreme strength (both in weft and warp directions)
Groundcover is used with any plant that grows over an area of ground and is used to provide protection from erosion and drought, and to improve its aesthetic appearance
Made of 100% polyethylene, ground cover is stabilized with UV additives for outdoor use. It is placed along the aisle to control weed growth, reducing both labor costs and pesticides.
Anti-Hail Net/Shading Net
Anti-Hail Net is a HDPE monofilament woven net which provides protection from hailstorms.
Also altering the density of the yarns, the net becomes a shade net with several different shading percentages.
The Pipe Rider is a flexible container made of polypropylene. It consists of cells to be filled with materials such as soil, gravel, sand etc. and is used as a pipeline weighting system to fixate the pipeline for buoyancy control. The weight of the Pipe Rider and its construction prevents the pipeline (transferring oil, gas, water etc.) from losing stability due to internal and external factors. The Pipe Rider is available in different sizes. The biggest type can be used for pipelines with a diameter up to 60 inches (152 cm) and can carry up to 15.000 lbs (6.800 Kg).
Advantages compared to concrete weight blocks
- The Pipe Rider has a much higher performance/cost ratio due to the cost effective design
- The Pipe Rider can be filled on site so they are much easier to transport to the site
- The Pipe Rider is much easier to handle on site since it’s a flexible container
- The opposing cells of the Pipe Rider are cross connected by straps. This enables the load to be placed at the lower sides of the pipe; not on top of the pipe. The result is a lower center of gravity, meaning; higher stability, better grip and maximum efficiency.
Advantages compared to the other pipeline weighting bags
- Strength: Cells of the Pipe Rider are designed to contain the filling material but not to carry it. There are very strong carrying straps around the cells (not sewn to the bags), which directly carry the load of the cells.
- Homogeneity: The Pipe Rider has 2 types; with 4 cells and 6 cells. High number of cells makes it easier to fill homogeneously. This is a significant influence for lower center of gravity and a major factor for the stability of the pipeline.
- Flexibility and Balance: The cells of Pipe Rider are specifically designed to optimize flexibility and balance. Ideal flexibility is a result of lower weight per cell ratio. Meanwhile the excellent balance is reached by interconnecting parts which support the unity of the Pipe Rider.
Other Technical Textiles
Vented Temporary Fencing Screen
Manufactured from a tear proof polypropylene and available in large format 1.85m x 50m rolls, this product can be installed quickly to provide a visual barrier between a waiting site and the passing public. It is especially useful in environmentally sensitive areas.
Banner Roll is a PE fabric and film printed with the customer's name. Installed at eye level, Banner Roll draws attention to any corporate logo or message.
Flame Retardant Barrier Sheet (LPCB Approved to LPS1207)
Heavy duty barrier sheet is a high tensile flame retardant polyethylene sheet. Barrier sheeting combines effective vapor barrier qualities with excellent strength and a smooth surface that is resistant to abrasion and environmental stress.
Proscaff Premium Flame Retardant (LPCB Approved to LPS 1215 and 1207)
Manufactured from a tough, reinforced flame retardant polyethylene material that combines excellent tensile strength characteristics with superior puncture and tear resistance.
Flame retardant Scaffold sheeting can be adapted to it virtually any type of structure, and in addition to weather protection, it can be used for containment during demolition projects or for the covering of bridges whilst cleaning.
Promesh 1207 (LPCB Approved to LPS 1207)
Floor protection fabric is an interwoven polypropylene mesh sheeting used for strength and durability in all types of floor protection and can also be applied vertically for use in temporary screening. Manufactured from a coated flame retardant polypropylene, this fabric is rip proof and puncture resistant, reducing the risk of damage from sharp objects.
Scaffnet Flame Retardant (LPCB Approved to LPS 1215)
Scaffnet FR offers better protection from falling objects ensuring that workers and pedestrians who may be walking near the base of the scaffolding are fully protected. Scaffnet FR also reduces the risk of workers falling from scaffold platforms. It is manufactured from Flame Retardant High Density Polyethylene.
Other Technical Textiles
Filter fabric is produced of HDPE monofilament warp and PP tape weft. These fabrics are used in under drain systems to help prevent soil from entering the drainage system and as a separator under pavements, driveways and roadways.
Artificial Turf Yarn
Artificial turf is a surface of synthetic fibers made to look like natural grass. It is most often used in arenas for sports that were originally or are normally played on grass. However, it is now being used on residential lawns and commercial applications as well. The main reason is maintenance; artificial turf stands up to heavy use and requires no irrigation or trimming
Any kind of other PP / PE fabrics produced from Tape, Monofilament and Multifilament yarns.